Pages

October 30, 2009

Taylor Update



The Taylor family continues to adjust to life in Nampa, Idaho. We have just moved (again) to another house, hopefully the last move for awhile! This transition hasn't been easy, but we are so happy to be in the place we know God wants us. Our hearts have definitely been torn between here and Tennessee. It was hard to leave the wonderful friends that we made there. It is so hard to believe that we have lived here for 8 months already!


I (Jamie) have made it to the 4 month mark with "Baby #3!" I am still feeling sick many days, but it's better than it was! We will be finding out the gender of the baby the end of November, and we are so excited about that!


The girls are growing up so fast. Megan's latest line is "I can't solve this problem," or "I solved the problem, Mom!" I have been trying to teach her to "solve problems" instead of getting frustrated and upset. I laughed when I realized she was actually "getting it!" Katie is a bundle of energy, and definitely keeps us busy. She talks way too grown up...she was telling herself a story today and said, "Once upon a time, there was a princess and her friends..." I love to watch how her mind works.


Brian is working harder than ever, and doing a great job at the various positions he has. He is almost completely full time at the church now as the Pastor of Family Life, which we are thankful for. He still tries to work some part-time for his brother's drywall business.


God has been our strength during this time of transition, and we are grateful for that.


Just giving you all an update on what we have been up to lately. I am hoping to post pictures soon of the house we are living in. We have moved into the church parsonage, and are enjoying all of the EXTRA room!


We are thankful for our family and friends...you are loved and appreciated!

6 comments:

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. And if I haven't already told you...I am SOOOO excited for your growing family!!!

Rayia said...

Thanks for the update! It's wonderful tot hear from you!
Is Brian a full time Pastor?

Jamie said...

Rayia,

We came here as a part-time Associate Pastor. And our role was to be primarily focused on the Young Adults and Young Families in the church. About two months ago the board voted for Brian to go almost completely full time, with one day to work a part time job. Instead of giving us a pay raise, they kept us on the part time salary, but allowed us to live in the vacant parsonage, which has been a huge blessing. So, long answer, but that is what is going on. Brian is also taking on some of the "Adinistrative" responsibilities of the church now. He keeps busy, but the church is growing and God is working here...so it's really great to be a part of it!

Love you...
Jamie

Rayia said...

Jamie,

That is so wonderful! I'm really happy to see how the Lord is working through you all and blessing you in all you are doing!
What a blessing to have a clear calling from God!

Love you,
Rayia

Mary said...

Dear Jamie, glad for the update on you & the family. Sorry that you're still having sickness to deal with, I trust it'll subside very soon for you.
I completely understand about the moving part, it is no fun but I'm glad that you got to get into a house with more room, that is a blessing. GOD is good!!

Robyn Huff said...

Hi Jamie! We find out in two weeks if we're having a boy or girl...can't wait to hear which you are having, too!!!

I'm glad things are working out well for you all in Idaho. May God keep blessing and helping!

I'd love to see pictures of your "new" home when you get time!

Love,
Robyn