![]() |
| My Mom with Megan this past summer |
Well, at least I reminded myself of her so much that I almost had to laugh.
You see, we have family coming into town tomorrow, and my mother herself will be here next week.
And, what does any respectable woman do when she has family coming into town?
Clean.
Clean like a mad woman!
I remember my mother cleaning the way I was today before company would arrive.
Silver had to be polished.
Floors had to be mopped - by hand!
Bathrooms had to be spotless.
And the bedroom where our guests would sleep - perfectly suitable for rest and comfort.
I still have some work to do before my dear sister and her husband arrive tomorrow,(Shhh...don't tell Jenny!) but for the most part, my house is polished and waiting.
I tell this story to give "praise" to my mother.
I have been amazed recently when I think back to what my mom had to go through in her life.
My family moved to Africa when I was 7 years old. At that time, there were four kids... 9, 7, 5, and 2.
After an incredibly long trip across the globe, my mother found herself in the most primitive conditions you can imagine. No running water, no electricity, and a bare house, with cement floors to greet your weary feet.
With 4 small children to take care of, and a husband to assist, my Mother dove into being the most amazing caretaker of our "little house on the praire."
The thing that amazes me is that even in those primitive conditions, she still managed to keep a clean and organized home.
So..."thank you, Mom!"
Thank you for making sure that our home was a comfortable place to be.
Thank you for always making guests feel like you had gone the extra mile for them.
Thank you for giving me countless lessons in how to run a household properly. I am forever indebted to you.
And, by the way...
I can't WAIT to see you!!

2 comments:
You truly are blessed to have a mom that cares for her family the way she does... She is wonderful and it is a blessing to call her my Aunt. :)
this is so true! She taught me everything I know about how to run a household
Post a Comment