The day began with a snuggle from my two girls and some fun moments with this happy and VERY busy little guy...
My morning was then filled with an abundance of cleaning...
...and the rubber gloves DID come in handy...I love those things!
THEN...
After fixing the girls a lunch of cheese quesadillas and fresh strawberries,
I decided to make some Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
Before...
And, after...
I then proceeded to attempt a "healthier" version of Banana Bread...
Basically, I just did part white flour, part whole wheat, used less sugar, used egg whites, and used applesause for most of the oil.
And it turned out to be delicious!!
My next step was to tackle a portion of the laundry...so, I spent some time washing, drying, folding and ironing clothes...
...while listening to Pandora - I enjoyed a little "Jack Johnson" to make me feel as if I was on a tropical island somewhere.
It worked.
Sort of.
:)
A friendly little Katie stopped by to say "hello" while I was folding clothes...
Love those brown eyes!
Later in the afternoon I began the L-O-N-G process of sorting toys in the "Toy Room."
I guess our girls fall into the category of spoiled blessed American children.
Brian and I feel that they have WAY too many toys and we tell them regularly that there are probably some needy children who could use most of their blessings.
They rarely fall for it.
But they do have tender hearts for needy families...that I can assure you - You should hear some of Megan's bedtime prayers...just precious I tell you!
The reason I started sorting is because...
We are most likely moving!!
If everything goes as planned, we will be moving out of the lovely home that the church has provided for us into another lovely home that God has blessed us with.
While we feel sorrow for the person who lost this home in a foreclosure, we also feel a huge amount of gratefulness that we have the privilege to live in it!
If everything works out, I will keep you posted with pictures...
Well, I enjoyed being a "Photo Journalist" of a day in my own life.
I pray you are having a wonderful week, and are taking time to enjoy even the tiniest blessings!











4 comments:
Jamie,
That is so exciting about your new house! I hope all works out for you and I can't wait to see pictures!
Love you!
I loved it! I would love to have some of that banana bread! Looks amazing! I have tons of bananas here but not oven to bake bread in :( makes me very sad! Miss you!
I loved your photojournalistic day! :-) What fun! I love those rare days. Brian told us the other night about the house... SO exciting! We are very happy for you guys- God is good! When you need help moving, please let us know! Love your sweet family!
I love all the pictures of the kids!!! They are getting soooo big - hope your all doing well. Hugs and Kisses to you all xoxo
Post a Comment