Pages

October 21, 2011

A "Peek" into our Autumn


Hi!

I thought I would give you a glimpse into our home this fall season.
I never used to decorate for fall...I guess it's because I didn't really grow up with the change of seasons much, so I figured "what's the point?"  Whatever the reason, I'm not sure why I didn't!  I have become very fond of this inviting season, in fact it is becoming a favorite.

Because of the fact that I haven't had very much in the way of fall decorations, I was anxious to find some good deals this year.  I'm sure if I had waited until after fall was over, I could have done even better, but I got a few new autumn touches that I love.



 Above: Our entry doesn't house too much in the way of fall decor! I placed a card that someone had given me last year in one of the frames for a small "pumpkin fix." 

 The pumpkin came from the "cheap section" at Target (the one in the front of the store where you find things for a couple of dollars or less).  I spray painted it white because it was a glittery orange and I wanted it to look a little different.



Above: The coffee table houses my glass hurricane globes that I have had for years.  I picked some leaves from the trees in the neighborhood and dried them.  I love the added color!



 This handsome pumpkin came from Michaels, and was 50% off!  Yay for a good deal! ;)




 I took some wheat from Brian's Grandparents (free) and put it in one of my planters that I already owned.  The berry wreaths are several years old...I believe they came from Big Lots in Tennessee.




 Above: The Mantle
Most of these pumpkins came from Michaels, some last year, some this year...and they are all artificial. 

Family photograph taken by the talented Debbie Wonch of Road Less Traveled Photography


These little beauties can be found at Walmart for $1.  I loved them!










The tree in our front yard








And, lastly, this has nothing to do with fall, but this is the light fixture I was able to find on Craigslist for a steal.  I was so excited!  It came with shades, but I didn't care for them, so I decided to enjoy it without them!  I like it bare and simple!

Hope you enjoyed your visit!
Come back again...





5 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

I loved the visit. Your house is lovely! :)

Elizabeth said...

So jealous of the fall leaves. :o( Love your fall decor!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your mantle... just gorgeous!
Sara

Rayia said...

I LOVE what you've done for Fall! So cozy and inviting!

Deanna said...

I love your variations on regular orange pumpkins! So crisp and modern, but still inviting and classic! Three cheers for thrifty and stylish autumn decor!