Pages

January 13, 2012

New year...fresh start




The winter decor is gone, and the house suddenly feels almost quiet.

While I am somewhat sad to see the tree come down, I am always ready for fresh and clean...a brand new start.


Because of that, I tend to start the new year with soft colors...white, beige, green.  It seems to express how I am feeling inside.


The dreams of projects fill my mind like an endless checklist.  And yet I am not overwhelmed by this list.  I enjoy the imagining of what I wish to do almost as much as actually getting it done!


With all the dreaming, I am also aware that I need to learn contentment.

Contentment with home.  Contentment with family.  Contentment with life.



I have all I need right now.


So, while dreaming of paint colors, refinished furniture, and what I want to plant in the backyard this Spring,  I will wait.  I will pray that my priorities are in line with His.  I will seek to find contentment and joy in the life I am living this day.
Have a blessed day everyone!



3 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

Your house is beautiful, Jamie. I know that feeling, too. :)

J.Black said...

Your house should be in a magazine. Seriously you are such a talented decorator. I too need to learn the lesson of contentment. Thanks for the reminder. I love you!

Jenness said...

Miss you, and the days of popping in to eat Manli's in your kitchen. But it was nice to check in and see your pretty house for a moment. :-)