Pages

January 27, 2008

Our Little John Deere Princess

Last night was Megan's first time to wear her "princess nightgown." She thought it was so beautiful that she asked me to take some pictures of her. How ironic....when I really want a picture of her, she doesn't want to cooperate. But, put her in a princess nightgown and suddenly she is completely on board with the photography session! :) Oh well, kids will be kids! The funny thing is...when it came time to actually go to bed, she wouldn't settle down until I put her in her "normal" pajamas! She felt more comfortable in the "John Deere" tee shirt that I believe one of her uncles gave her, and her green pajama pants!! So much for my little princess! Here are some pictures...






Brian, working hard...AND multitasking!!




On Another Note......



I've been wanting to blog recently and haven't had the courage. I have so many thoughts and emotions concerning the political race and I've wanted to share my feelings with someone!! However, I know that many of the readers of this blog do not share my political passion (Ahem, Shelia!! :) ). So, I haven't posted my thoughts on the issues facing us in this upcoming election! I know...some of you will say..."It's your blog...say what you want to." But, I just want to be careful. ~ I will go so far as to say that I hope everyone is really thinking hard, researching, and PRAYING about who God wants you to support. It is so important to do the research yourself and not rely on the media or what your "friends" are saying. I believe so strongly that Christians have a duty to be involved in the process, and to vote according to their conscience. ~ There, that's all I will say on this point for now. I might get courageous enough to talk about it some more.....who knows. ~ But, for the record...I think that America is the greatest country on earth. I can honestly say that because I have lived in other countries...three to be exact. We have it sooooo good. I'm so thankful for the blessings that God has given us.
There is a great website to do research on... the link is below:
http://www.vote-smart.org/

Enough talking for now... I hope everyone is having a wonderful, wonderful day!

9 comments:

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

Thanks for the link to do a little research!!!! I have to take our baby to the doctor this morning, But I will be sure to check it out this afternoon!! I'm thrilled, because I really don't have much time to watch the news or read news papers enough to keep up and make sense of things. I have had the desire to dig deeper into the subject from a source that has some values, but didn't really know where to go, so thank you! I'm sure this will be very helpful for my husband and me!
By the way, you have a beautiful family! I have enjoyed checking out your blog within the last couple of weeks. Got the link from my cousin Sharron (truckin teeds) I started a blog just last night. Check it out-see if you remember me! http://piercepad.blogspot.com

Leah said...

I loved the pictures - especially the one with Brian "multi-tasking"!! I COMPLETELY agree on the whole voting issue - we MUST know our "stuff"!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I am glad to see that you still have your political passion. Thank you for the link.

I loved the pictures! Love and miss you lots!

Bethany

Mary Ellen said...

The pictures are adorable! Kaitlyn had a nightgown very similar to that, she got it from Dan & Julie's girls one year for her birthday, I think she was four. She not only wanted to wear it to bed every night but she wanted to wear it to play in everyday. She literally wore it out until it was falling apart. The picture of Megan brings back memories for me!

I too enjoy the political process, we are hoping Huckabee will win...only time will tell since there doesn't seem to be a clear front runner yet. Definitely a more exciting race this time around!

SheilaDy said...

Dear Jamie-
The pictures of Princess Megan are adorable!! She and Nikki (and Emme and Bridgette), share a love for "all things Princess!"

Love you all-
Sheila

P.S. Please don't let my opinions keep you from sharing your passion for politics. It is your blog, and you have a voice, so go for it girl!

Travis said...

jamie i completely agree with you about voting. it really bothers me how many people my age (18-25) don't care about who we elect. and it is so reassuring to know that other christians are praying about who they should vote for--God should rule every part of our lives, and we should seek his advice in who we vote for.

in regards to the picture, i'm flattered that you are using it...but you can take my name off there. its so big. :D and i don't need the credit. just make your blog look a little bit nicer with it.

Anonymous said...

Jamie? Political? Who'da thunk...Ha. JUST KIDDING! :-)

AmberDawn said...

Jamie, great pictures again! And that's so funny that Megan insisted on sleeping in her John Deere pj's!
Thanks for voicing your concerns about the upcoming election, and I agree w/you -- it definitely should be a thing of prayer!

Steve and Lana Kirk said...

Hey Jamie! It's been great to "catch up" with your life through this blog. I found it through Silvia. You have amazingly adorable children!!! Of course, that shouldn't surprise me :-). I've just started a blog myself. It really helps to keep friends and family in the loop. My little guy just turned 3 months old today. He is growing so fast! Time certainly does fly by, doesn't it? It seems it was just yesterday that we were playing dress up and stuffing our mother's bras lol. Those were the days. Anyway, I'll try to stay in touch. If you want to visit my blog go to http://www.lanaandstevekirk.blogspot.com