Pages

April 7, 2008

My Amazing Weekend

My weekend at Ladies Retreat was so wonderful. Brian did a great job taking care of the girls (with some "respite help" from a babysitter!) Honestly, I was very proud of him, and I was so thankful for the time away. Not only did I receive Spiritual renewal, but enjoyed a relaxing "mini-vacation!" Brian and I both felt like the sacrifice financially would be worth the benefits spiritually and emotionally -- It was so worth it!

I am not going to include all of the pictures, because I don't have the permission of everyone involved. I know some people don't like to be pictured on a "public blog!" I've included some "small" sized pictures, so I won't embarrass any of my dear friends. However, I will say that the speaker was incredible!! Her name is Karen Alexander-Doyel. Her testimony is one of the most amazing I have ever heard. If you need a Retreat speaker, look her up. Our hearts were challenged, stirred, and changed.


Preparing for the "icebreaker" games


The retreat committee gave one of these amazing snack baskets to each room...it was yummy!

Our speaker

1 comment:

Rayia said...

That is so wonderful Jamie. Sounds like you had an amazing time. It's always nice to get away sometimes and get closer to God through His word and fellowship with others on the same path!