We enjoyed a brief stay in Florida last week after we took one of our teens down there for Boot Camp. She is going on a TLC (Touching Lives for Christ) team to Uganda.
It's always great to be with family, no matter how short the time is, and this stay was no exception!

Teatime with Nana

Canoe ride with Papa


Game time....

Fun times at the playground




Now, this is another story.....
Brian and I have always wanted to stay in downtown Atlanta. So, on the way home, Brian surprised me and we stayed in the Westin Hotel in Downtown Atlanta (compliments of his birthday money.......he's so sweet!)
It was such a great memory!
I got the following two pictures from the internet....
The Westin Hotel
The Sundial Restaurant where we ate


The restaurant revolves...it takes a little bit of getting used to!

12 comments:
You ate at the Sundial?! Nathan took me there once before we had the kids. So romantic and neat... How cool that you got to go!
Charity,
Romantic....hmm? I probably should have included the description of our time at the "Sundial!" It was hilarious at first. We didn't get there until about 8:00pm, had not eaten since 12:00, so we were all starving, and you know how kids are when they are hungry. ~ Plus, I was already a little dizzy and carsick, and we had been rushing like crazy. So, being in the rotating restaurant was a little unsettling at first, let me assure you. So, here we were being seated next to very rich people sipping their champagne or margaritas (who knows what they were!) with our very wound up children. Add that to a very rushed and dizzy mother, and you have a recipe for disaster! I wish I could have had a video of what we looked like trying to get it together! Finally, after the kids got some bread, and settled down, we had a very enjoyable dinner. We ordered one entree, one appetizer, and one kids' meal, and that was it. Thankfully, the portions were big enough that we had plenty to eat. We went in there armed with a Youth Pastor's salary....I think you can imagine! :)
I make it sound worse than it was, I'm sure, but it was really funny when you think about it.
And yes, the hotel was very romantic. Brian and I have decided that we want to try to go back when it is just the two of us....for sure!!! :)
Great pictures... looks like fun!
That is so neat that you ate at teh Sundial! That is where Trevor took me on the night that he was going to propose to me! It was a very romantic restaurant and a very specail memory!
Glad you had a nice time in FL. Sorry I missed seeing you!
Love you!
How cool! That place looks awesome!
I got a big kick out of your description of what happened in the comments section. I'm sure Round 2 someday will be an even better memory.
Enjoyed the pictures of your time here.
That does look and sound like a really neat place to stay and eat! Oh, and I can totally sympathize with you about eating out with kids, it's always an adventure, that for sure!
Jamie, I love it
"Romantic....hmm? I probably should have included the description of our time at the "Sundial!" It was hilarious at first"!
I can't beleive how big Katie is getting, what a dolly. And Megan, I think she and Adeline are only a few months apart...it would be so fun to have them play together!
Love ya,
Rayia
Hey Jamie! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! Actually the pics are of my Aunt's house. I'll see if I can find any pics of Jay and Tonya's house and get them to you. It looks like you all had a good time in Fl and Atlanta. Your girls are so adorable!
We just missed you in FL! One weekend later, oh well! I loved seeing the pics of your parents with the grandkids- so sweet!
I LOVE downtown Atlanta! We've never stayed at that hotel before, though. Looks like fun!
Sorry we missed seeing you in FL!!! The pictures are great. Looks like you had a nice time!
Robyn
Cool...we love Atlanta! When we lived in Alabama we made a spur-of-the-moment trip and had a great time. We're city lovers, and this city had a different feel than any of the other cities we've visited. Glad you had a great time!
I had such fun browsing these pictures. Your Mom and Dad started such a beautiful family. :-) I really enjoyed your comment regarding the dinner experience! I love the last photo against the window.
Post a Comment