There is something about the way a home looks when it is being "tucked in for the night" that I love.
The toys have been picked up (for the most part).
The dishwasher is humming it's quiet lullaby.
The kids are either in bed, or are in that special "snuggly" mood where they love to be held and those are special moments to be sure.
The house sits at "quiet" attention, waiting to be at your service the next morning.
The day is over.
The beautiful promise of a brand new day awaits.
I'm feeling thankful for my blessings tonight.
Today was a typical sort of day, but one of those days where you have these little revelations along the way.
Like this afternoon when I was unloading the groceries from the car, feeding Jack in his high chair, managing the chaos that my precious girls create, and cleaning out some trash that had been left behind under the girls seat.
It was at that moment when I realized something.
I am at such a different place than I was a few months ago.
You know that feeling you have in the pit of your stomach (especially following the birth of another child) that you aren't going to make it?
In the first months following the birth of all three of my children, I have experienced an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy. And, while those feelings still come and go, I am aware of a "settling in" that is taking place.
There are days when I am completely at the end of my rope, but it's like I am more experienced at grabbing that rope and pulling myself up!
I guess experience is a wonderful teacher.
So, I am thankful this evening, to be tucking my three children into bed, while aware that new challenges will face me tomorrow. But armed with the knowledge that my challenges won't be more than I can handle.
Thank you God for life. Thank you for the promise of a new day.
Thank you that your mercies are new every morning.
Good-night, dear home, Goodnight.



6 comments:
Awww I love this. I am amazed how you handle three children!! And I totally agree about loving a house at bedtime... there is a calm feeling about it. I loved this post. and I love you! Wish you could be here doing this whole packing up stage before we move! It would be so much fun to have you here to help me!
I loved this Jamie! I totally get what you are saying about the overwhelmed feeling after having children.
I will never forget the feeling, (after finally coming home after six days from the hospital after being extremely ill when I had Bryce) and Steve was outside, and my mom said she was going home to get things done. I was sitting there, still so weak and there was this tiny baby laying in my lap, and the most massive amount of fear came up inside of me, and I wondered what if I wasn't supposed to be a mom. Could I do this? Then you just start doing what needs to be done, and you look back and realize you were doing just fine.
Your pictures of your house are beautiful.
Great blog! Miss you!
Charlene
This is beautiful, Jamie. I agree 100%. There's just something about a "home" that makes life so peaceful. It's not in the house, but in the home that we make it!
Love you!
A gorgeous post to be sure. I like what you said about being able to find the end of the rope a little quicker... Some days I would love to have a house full of children, other days I wonder if I was ever qualified to have any at all! You certainly have a beautiful home, Jamie. Beautiful family as well.
Thank you everyone.
Crystal - I can't get to your blog anymore. I know that you set it to private, but I thought I had given you my email address.
I just wanted to let you know.
Love you too!
Ahhhhh. . .I could just "feel" what you were saying. :-)
Post a Comment