The events of our lives have been so mundane recently, that I often forget it's worth putting down on paper (so to speak). But, the little moments that make up a beautiful life are just as important as the events that change it forever.
I love this picture of Brian holding Jack. There are no words to describe how blessed I am to be married to this man. He is the hardest working man I know, and yet he longs to spend time with the kids and I. This particular day, he had gone to put Jack to bed, and was so tired that he fell asleep himself. - Jack doesn't seem to mind.
I had the privilege to help with a fun baby shower for a friend. I loved the diaper cake that her sister made for her!
Megan amused me the other day with her creativity. What you have before you is a "Dog Show" created with blocks. The blocks in the foreground are the judges. The blocks in the background are the stage, the dogs, and their owners. The half circle blocks are the dogs. The tall blocks are the owners, and the square blocks are the owners' kids! She is so funny!
This past weekend I went to a "Ladies Retreat" in McCall that was hosted by our ladies ministry at church. I was only able to go for about 24 hours, but it was totally worth it. We talked and laughed like we were a bunch of teenagers again. What a great time we had!
My dear friend (and Brian's cousin), Mindy, who organized the Retreat. She did an amazing job! Our husbands are both Pastors at our church. I love having a friend that understands me! :)
And....
I had a birthday this week! I am officially 28...and I love it. I have a good feeling about how amazing year 28 is going to be. And it has to be a good year, because every year before it has been!
It's funny how a birthday causes you to look back with fondness at the years that have come before. I happened to sit down at my piano and play for a while on my birthday. I couldn't help but remember many years before (about 14 or so) when I had dreams that were as big as the whole world. I really thought that by the age of 28, I would be an accomplished concert pianist, have a family of my own, and probably be a prestigous doctor. Oh how funny life is.
Simply put, I am not where I once thought I would be.
I do have a family of my own, and that is by far the best accomplishment. But, since I found out during nursing school that I don't care for the sight of blood, it's probably good that I didn't become a Doctor! (And, yes, I finished nursing school, and became a Registered Nurse. How? Only by the grace of God!) And, since I have horrible stage fright, it's probably good that I didn't focus on becoming a concert pianist! Actually, the truth is, I can get up on stage, and I have to occasionally at church, but it's not my favorite thing to do.
I am thankful that I have the life I have, believe me. But isn't it funny to think back to a time when you were sure you could do anything you wanted to? I had sooo many dreams, including ones not mentioned here. And when the reality of life set in, I lost some of my optimistic view of life.
I suppose reality is inevitable, but let's just say, I miss those days a little bit. I want to look at life now with more of an "I can do it" attitude.
And, since Jack is toddling around me with a "grumpy sort of face" that has "naptime" written all over it, I must close.
Have a great day everyone!






3 comments:
I love it! Yes, our dreams are often different from reality. I once thought I could be in the Philarharmonic Orchestra... do you see me playing my flute anymore? no. Oh well.. I love my life too! :) Love you
Aren't you glad our homes don't have to be in order for us to blog?! Boy, would I be in trouble!! HA
Glad you were able to go to your ladies retreat! Those kinds of times are worth their weight in gold!
I hope you have a great weekend, Jamie!
I loved reading this Jamie! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment