We are back from one of the neatest places we have ever stayed!
We were so thankful that the girls were well enough for us to leave on our planned "get-away."
This time away was kind of a combined "Valentine's/Birthday" present for me.
We stayed at the Blue Mountain Mist Inn right outside of the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, and it was so wonderful.
The accomodations were fabulous, and the family that runs it was kind and generous.
I have always loved Bed and Breakfast Inns, and this one met all my expectations.
This morning we enjoyed breakfast with 4 other guests from the Inn. The place was almost empty, but they were gearing up for a very full weekend. Our breakfast was delicious and it was so much fun to meet and visit with these people. It will be a wonderful memory.
Last night we went to the Tanger Outlets, and ate at Connors (Steak and Seafood restaruant).
I can't believe how blessed we are to live so near the Smoky Mountains...It is soooo beautiful!


Our Room is the one in the "tower" with all the windows.
The view from our bedroom was spectacular....it was one of the most peaceful places we have ever stayed at.
This picture was taken yesterday....the weather was GORGEOUS!!!
The picture below was taken this morning...it was kind of rainy and misty, and you could really see why this area is know as the "Smoky Mountains."
I also wanted to say thank you to all of you that commented on the last post. It it such a blessing to know that there are others going through the same things we are. I want to be able to share with you in every season of life, and learn from each other.
I feel so blessed to have all of you as friends. Your encouragement and advice are priceless...
We LOVE YOU!!








10 comments:
Looks like you two had a wonderful time! What a beautiful place!
Love you.
-Rayia
Glad you were able to make your trip! Every couple needs to invest in their marriage with a little time alone now and then. Hope you returned feeling rested and refreshed.
The picture of you and Brian is very good!
Glad you had a great time!
Sheila
Glad you made it to your B&B and that the girls are feeling better! Thanks for your transparency in your two previous posts! I can relate with all those things mentioned, but am not really the kind of person comfortable with being so open on my blog, however, I do really ADMIRE those who can :) Just know that you are not alone and we will make it through this! I personally am really looking forward to the day when my relationship with my children turns into one of friendship and not just the Mommy/child stage anymore!
Take care!
I am so glad you all were able to go after all and the place looks really nice!
I'm so glad you were able to go - I think couples who don't take alone time are seriously missing out on a very important aspect of marriage, especially when you become parents!!!
That place looks amazing, what a beautiful "home" and it looks like a perfect place to a romantic weekend.
What a grand place!! I'm so glad you could get away for a while and get a breath of fresh air. That always helps! Don't feel bad about feeling overwhelmed at times...I think that's just a normal part of motherhood...at least I hope so, because I feel like that occasionally :) Maybe we're just the weird ones. :) I think we are in the "un-normal" catagory, because most moms today just send their kids off to daycare and let them take care of their kids. I know sometimes that is necessary, but I feel SO blessed to be able to stay home with mine and I know you do to. You are a terrific mom!!! I enjoy reading your blog. People keep asking me to start one, but somehow I haven't found the time...I wonder why?? :)
Keep up the good work!!
Crystal Schaper
Jamie - you made me miss TN soooo bad!!!!! I loved the pictures you posted!! For the record, you are doing a fantastic job as a mom! I know that sometimes it does get over-whelming and truthfully, I wonder if it ever stops. The thing is - God has the grace necessary for each new phase and stage we go through with our children and it sure is a good thing!! I am glad that you feel you can use your blog in this way! I am sure there are other young moms out there who can use the help!!
Ahhh, how nice. The place looks beautiful. I would love to live in the mountains! But I do love Florida's winter weather.
Take care,
Erin
Oh, I LOVE that place and have lots of friends that go there every year! I'm so glad you got the chance to "honeymoon" for a little while. Every marriage needs that, it makes you a much better mommy and daddy!!!
Post a Comment