CRAFT SUPPLIES
Crayons, Tape, and Paper are things we always have a stash of around our home.
I think the girls would go crazy without some kind of "craftiness."
I wish I had a picture of the giraffe Megan drew in her "Noah's Ark" craft project in Jr. Church yesterday...I was so proud. This coming from a mother who has absolutely NO artisitc ability. My stick figures are questionable - It's quite shameful that my 5 year old can draw a better giraffe than me.
Oh well.
Moving on.
CAKE
I made this cake Saturday night in a futile attempt to "copy" the Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake.
It was rich and very yummy, but didn't taste like Olive Garden's Cake.
But, just in case your interested...
I used one package of yellow cake, and one package of white cake (simply because that was what I had on hand. I probably would have done two white cakes, but in all fairness, the cake was good...so why complain)
For the filling:
Heavy Whipping Cream
Confectioners Sugar
Lemon (to taste)
Beat that together until smooth and creamy
I used a simple vanilla frosting as well for this cake - some in the layers, but most of it on the top.
I wish that I would have used more lemon, because I couldn't taste it as much as I would have liked.
But, if you didn't know that it was intended to be a "copy-cat" recipe of the Lemon Cream Cake, then the enjoyment level would have been higher.
Anyway.
It was a good cake.
I wish I could have another slice.
But, I'm trying to make wise choices in the food department - Ugh.
Have a Happy Day everyone!


3 comments:
What a beautiful cake!
I made that very cake this summer! It WASSS wonderful!!
I love the look of this cake! I am going to attempt it today:):) Love and miss you lots!!
Post a Comment