A friend of mine shared this recipe with me several years ago, and I am unsure of the original source. However, it is one of my "go-to" recipes and one that my family enjoys so much. I will warn you, it's rather "rich and creamy" and will add extra inches to your waist in a minute! :)
I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles (we like mild)
4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8-10 (8 in.) flour tortillas
16 oz (4 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups heavy cream
1 can salsa Verde
Saute the onion in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the green chiles and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese melts, stirring constantly. Arrange the tortillas on a work surface and spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas to enclose the filling and arrange the seam side down in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese and drizzle with the cream.
Bake @ 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and light brown.
Serve with salsa.
Serves 4-6 people.
*And just for your information, I want to let you know that I try to add my favorite recipes to my "Food" tab at the top of our blog page. The title is "For the Love of Food." It includes recipes that I have tried and have had great success with. I hope you find one your family will enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment