There was a time when I would have considered the color gray to be depressing when utilized as a wall color. However, due to the recent popularity of this color in decorating, there is endless inspiration to be found.
I now love the rooms I have seen done in various shades of gray. And, I also love how you can choose almost any color to accessorize the room, and it looks fabulous!
The room below uses shades of gray, yellow, gold, and a punch of dark blue...looks rich and inviting.
The punches of yellow, white and green are so much fun in this room!
I love the orange!
The room pictured below is actually my favorite combination. I love the natural colors paired together to create such a calming atmosphere.
I have known for awhile that I want to use gray as a backdrop for baby #4's room. I am so excited to create a sophisticated, elegant, baby girl's room and incorporate some of the inspiration I have found via the internet.
So far, I found the pillow cover that I wanted to use as my "starting off point." I bought this pillow cover from "Milk & Cookies" on Etsy. I LOVE this shop! The fabric is top quality and the craftsmanship is amazing. I highly recommend her products
As far as a color for the walls, I am going to use the gray in the pillow as a guide, but I don't want to go that dark, so it will be a lighter shade in the same family.
I also know that there are two things I would love to incorporate into the design of the room. I want to find a mirror like the one picture below. A while back I was in Homegoods and saw one a lot like that. I remember being so in love with it, but at that time did not know what the gender of our baby was. BUMMER!
I also think that it would be fun to use a wall decal in white to create lovely art in a simple way.
We are slowly working on finishing Jack's "big boy" room and hope to be able to reveal that in the near future. And then, once Baby Girl's room starts taking shape, I will try to keep you all updated. I'm having so much fun planning... :)
Have a great day!









No comments:
Post a Comment